Restoration workshops and tours for clubs, senior centres, and special interest groups.
Like most museums, only 10% of our collection is on display at any one time.
To see more of the rare, unusual, and one-of-a-kind items in our collection, go “behind-the-scenes” with a tour of our Warehouse.
Dates available: July and August
- Please note:
- these guided tours begin promptly at 1:00 pm each day, only one tour per day.
- you must check in at the Admissions desk 15 minutes PRIOR to your tour.
Total time: 75 minutes
Cost: $25 per person plus admission
- Recommend advance booking
- Limit of 12 people per tour
- Shoes with closed toes and heels are recommended
- Tours are not wheelchair or scooter accessible and involve a great deal of walking and stairs
- Children under 12 are not permitted
Note: this is a working warehouse with concrete floors, open grate stairs and dust.
To book a Warehouse Tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum-Quality Vehicle Restoration Workshops
These workshops are offered on November 15 to 19, 2023 from 9:30 am to 4 pm. They include:
- Vehicle Restoration Process - Wednesday
Learn how to organize a body-off-frame, museum-quality restoration project.
- Mechanical Inspection & Assessment - Thursday
Gain an understanding of how to evaluate, repair, and maintain your engine and chassis.
- Metal Finish Repair on Automobile Bodies - Friday
Learn repair techniques for sheet metal body panels.
- Surface Preparation, Paints, and Finishes - Saturday
Gain an understanding of how to prepare, paint, and finish vehicle surfaces.
- Vehicle Detailing - Sunday
Learn how to evaluate, repair, and maintain original materials.
Five day package includes all workshops - SOLD OUT!
Individual workshops - $189.95 + GST (Please contact email@example.com to book a single day.)
U-Drive a Model T
Here is your chance to learn how to drive a Model T!
What - no gas pedal?! What is a spark advance? Our staff will provide an orientation on all of the ins-and-outs of driving a Model T and then give you an opportunity to drive it yourself around the museum test track.
Ages: 18+ - participants must have a valid driver's license; a signed waiver is required
Dates Available: July & August (weather dependent)
Booking: Book on arrival to the Museum at Admissions or call 780 312 2071 for more information
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cost: $25.00 + GST per tour (maximum 3 people in a group)
- Orientation on how to drive a Model T
- Driving demonstration by Museum staff
- A guided tour of the Mining Exhibit in the Model T
- You practice behind the controls
- You get to drive the Model T on the Museum's test track
- A photo of you with the Model T